What is the difference between Grant Credit and Adhoc Credit?
- Grant Credit: A credit on an invoice.
- Adhoc Credit: A credit that is not associated to invoices or sales.
Process Grant Credit
An invoice credit is the result of any over payment (e.g., payment in excess of balance, return, pricing differences). The credit balance, displayed as a negative, is transferred to either:
- the patient's account,
- the account of a linked family member,
- refunded directly from the Grant Credit modal.
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for and open an invoice.
- The system displays an Available Credit amount. Click the ellipsis and select Grand Credit.
- In the Grand Credit modal, complete all fields that are needed to process your credit request.
- Click 'Save.'
- The credit amount displays as a line item on the invoice.
Process Adhoc Credit
This function works well for situations like providing a credit for promotions and referral credits.
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Account.
- Click 'Adhoc Credit.'
- Complete all fields in the Apply Credit modal.
- Click 'Apply.'
- The processed amount displays in the Patient Credit field.