The way to remove a credit balance is dependent on if the credit has been refunded to the patient.
Credit Not Refunded
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Account > Credit History.
- Highlight the credit with a single click.
- Click 'Void Credit.'
- In the Void Credit modal, input comments.
- Click 'Apply.'
When a credit has been refunded or used to pay an invoice, the credit payment or refund must be voided before voiding the credit.
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Account.
- Select either Payment History or Refund History.
- Highlight the amount with a single click.
- Click the appropriate 'Void Credit' or 'Void Refund' button.
- Input comments and click 'Apply.'
- Close the patient file.
- Open the patient file and complete the instructions above for "Credit not refunded."