Most commonly, a diagnosis is associated to a service within the coding screen of an encounter. However, diagnoses can be added at the invoice level if needed.
- Open the invoice.
- Double click the appropriate line item.
- In the Invoice Item Detail modal, drag and drop the diagnosis from the Available Diagnoses column to the Additional Diagnoses column.
- Click 'Apply.'
Note: If the necessary diagnosis is not available in the Invoice Item Detail modal, the diagnosis must be added to the patient's active list in the Diagnosis component.
- From the patient file open Diagnosis History.
- Click 'Add.'
- Start typing the diagnosis code or description in the 'Enter Dx' field. Matching diagnoses will appear below the typed text.
- Select the appropriate diagnosis from the generated list.
- Click 'Save Changes.'