Auto Diagnosing is triggered by the selection of a specific Value within Test Fields in the encounter. The available findings in the Auto Diagnosing library in Admin, along with the designated Test and field within that test are hard coded to match the current ICD-10 codes. However, an existing finding can be edited to include more values from the designated test field as a trigger for that diagnosis/finding.
- Access Admin > System Rules > Auto Diagnosing > search for and open Finding.
- In the Edit Finding modal:
- In the Value column, select the appropriate test field values for each eye.
- In the Code column, enter an appropriate code for each eye.
- Click 'Save.'
- In the Edit Finding modal, the Destination field selection determines the screen that displays the triggered diagnoses within the Assessment screen of the encounter. The selection can be changed for a single finding when editing that finding.
- To change the Destination field selection for ALL diagnoses, access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Additional Preferences > Patients > Auto Diagnosing.
- To change the Destination field selection for a group of diagnoses, access Admin > System Rules > Auto Diagnosing. Check the box to the left of each finding you wish to change. Click the 'Action' dropdown menu to select the appropriate destination for the selected diagnoses.