A diagnosis cannot be removed in the Assessment screen of the Assessment and Plan workflow step when it is associated to other records. The following is a list of possible record associations present:
- The diagnosis was initially assessed at a prior visit and is a Master Dx with a prior date.
- The diagnosis is assigned to a service in the Coding screen of the encounter.
- The diagnosis is assigned to an invoice item.
- The diagnosis is assigned as an Indication for a Medication Rx.
- The diagnosis is associated to a Care Plan Item in the Plan screen.
- The diagnosis is the result of an Auto Diagnosis.
The most common reason is the association of the diagnosis to a service in the Coding screen of the encounter. Remove the diagnosis from the service to allow the diagnosis to be removed from the Assessment screen. If you are still unable to remove a Diagnosis after verifying each of the potential problems noted above, please contact Customer Support.