The Sign Encounter icon, located within the heading of an encounter, and the Sign Encounter button, located on the Coding screen, are available to the provider selected for the encounter. There are multiple reasons the Sign Encounter icon and button are not available:
- The encounter has already been signed.
- The employee has not been designated as a provider within their employee profile.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees > open an employee > Provider Details. Click the checkbox for "Employee is also a provider."
- When the appointment was created within the Schedule module, the Provider field was either left empty or the wrong provider was selected.
- In the opened encounter, select "No Provider."
- In the Select Provider modal, complete the Provider field.
- Click 'Save.'