Within an eyeglass order, a billable item for a frame is automatically generated anytime a frame is selected from the product catalog. The following instructions describe how to create an eyeglass order that does not generate a billable item in the case where the frame is being supplied by the patient.
- Access Orders, start or open an existing order.
- In the Frame Information slider, select Patient in the Source dropdown menu. This action displays a new icon in the blue header of the Frame Product Selection section.
- In the Frame Product Selection section, either
- Click the icon for Add Patient Owned Frame and complete the frame information. This allows for the entry of frame information for frames that are not part of your product catalog.
- Click the search icon to find the frame model and measurements in your practice catalog. This is a quicker way to add the frame information if the patient owned frame happens to exist within your product catalog. This will NOT produce a billable item.
- Continue processing the order per regular procedures.