In many cases, you will want to combine the billing for exam and order (e. g. eyeglasses, contact lenses, etc.) on the same invoice.
- Access Orders > search for and open the order > Billing.
- Click the look-up icon beside Associated Encounter.
- In the Select Encounter modal, highlight the exam from the current day.
- Click 'Select.'
- The invoice created from the exam displays, drag the materials to the invoice.
- If the patient has an exam with a date prior to the order date, we do not recommend linking them together.
- The sequence that the exam and order are billed does not matter. If the order is billed first, you associate the encounter and then go back to the encounter later and drag the services over to the created invoice.