The encounter type cannot be changed once the appointment has been started, however, you can cancel the encounter and start a new encounter.
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Exam History.
- Highlight an encounter.
- Click 'Cancel Encounter.'
- In the Cancel modal, input a reason and click 'OK.'
- Within the same Exam History screen, click 'Create Encounter.'
- Complete the encounter information and click 'Create.'
- When the encounter is cancelled, the system also cancels the appointment from Appointment History. When you create a new encounter using the instructions above, the system does not create a new appointment in Appointment History. If you wish to have an associated appointment you must first book the appointment and then start the appointment to create an encounter that is associated to an appointment.
- It may be easier to add test(s) and/or screen(s) on the fly within the original encounter instead of canceling and creating a new encounter.