A prescription can be created from an Encounter or from the Rx component within the Patient File.
- Encounter: Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Exam History > open an encounter > Medications.
- Rx: Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Rx > Medication.
- Within the Medication screen, click 'Launch RXNT.'
- RXNT opens displaying the Patient's Profile.
- The Rx is created within RXNT, however, it is not yet available in RevolutionEHR. Prescriptions are sent to RevolutionEHR every 60 minutes automatically. To view the information before the automated transfer, click 'Refresh' within the Rx History tab of the Rx component.
- For help with RXNT, or to report a problem, please call RXNT support at 1-800-943-7968,
option 4, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prescriptions or refills added in RXNT that require authorization by the provider display in pending status in RevolutionEHR. This occurs when a staff member has created the prescription in RXNT and also when a refill request has been entered. A task notification is sent to the provider for prescriptions in pending status. Note: The task notifications are based on the doctor's name and NPI number and cannot be
sent to another employee.
- Access the Tasks module. Note: The number within the system's navigation bar indicates
the number of unread tasks.
- The task displays in the "My Outstanding Tasks" grid with the Description of "There is a new prescription pending action in RXNT." Open the task with a single click.
- Click the file icon beside the patient's name to open the patient file, or, click the RXNT link to open your RXNT pending prescriptions.
- Access the Med tab within the Rx pod, click 'Launch RXNT.'
- Click 'Pending.'
- Click 'Approve.'