A prescription can be created from an Encounter or from the Rx component within the Patient File.
- Encounter: Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Exam History > open an encounter > Medications.
- Rx: Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Rx > Medications.
- Within the Medications screen, click 'Launch RxNT.'
- RxNT opens displaying the Patient's Profile.
- The Rx is created within RxNT, however, it is not yet available in RevolutionEHR. Prescriptions are sent to RevolutionEHR every 60 minutes automatically. To view the information before the automated transfer, click 'Refresh' within the Rx History tab of the Rx component.
- For help with RxNT, or to report a problem, please call RxNT support at 1-800-943-7968,
option 4, or email email@example.com.
Prescriptions or refills added in RxNT that require authorization by the provider display in pending status in RevolutionEHR. This occurs when a staff member has created the prescription in RxNT and also when a refill request has been entered. A task notification is sent to the provider for prescriptions in pending status. Note: The task notifications are based on the doctor's name and NPI number and cannot be
sent to another employee.
- Access the Tasks module. Note: The number within the system's navigation bar indicates
the number of unread tasks.
- The task displays in the "My Outstanding Tasks" grid with the Description of "There is a new prescription pending action in RxNT." Open the task with a single click.
- Click the file icon beside the patient name to open the patient file.
- Access the Med tab within the Rx pod, click on the pending prescription. Or, access the Rx component > Medication tab > highlight the pending prescription.
- If the prescription is a refill request, the Type is "eRx (Refill)."
- If the prescription is a new prescription entered by someone not allowed to authorize prescriptions, the Type is "eRx.'
- Click 'Authorize.' Note: You can open the prescription to view the details and then click 'Authorize' from the opened prescription.
- Authorizing any pending eRx from RevolutionEHR triggers the same action as viewing and selecting "Send Now" from RxNT.