The following information contains detailed descriptions for the metrics available in the Contact Lenses category of the Pulse module.
Contact Lens Capture Rate
The Contact Lens Capture Rate metric displays which patients choose to fill prescriptions within a practice. Understanding your ability to capture contact lens sales to the patients you prescribe those lenses to is important. By comparing patients who order contacts with those who received contact lens prescriptions, you can track how well your opticians and OD's are conveying the value of getting contacts through the practice.
- The data displayed is the number of patients with a contact lens order, divided by, the number of patients with an authorized contact lens prescription.
- The Location filter references the primary location of the patient as listed in Demographics.
- The Provider filter references the provider associated to the prescription.
- The number of patients included in the denominator where the patient has a Contact Lens Order.
- Prescriptions associated to the order must be from a prescription in the denominator.
- Order status cannot be Canceled or New.
- Does not include Contact Lens Trial orders.
- Contact lens order must be associated with at least one non-voided invoice.
- Associated invoice must contain at least one active item from the Contact Lenses category.
- Only the first contact lens order associated with the prescription is included. Additional orders associated to the prescriptions are not included.
- The number of patients who have an authorized contact lens prescription.
- Patient count will reset each day. Example: If the patient had a prescription that was authorized on 04/12/20xx, and a prescription that was authorized on 04/14/20xx, and the Date Range was 04/12 to 04/13, the patient would be counted in the denominator two times.
- Prescription must not have a status of Discontinued.
- Prescription type must be Internal.
- Prescription must have an Auth Date.
- Prescription Auth Date is the date used to determine if the patient should be included in the date range.
Contact Lens Sales
The Contact Lens Sales metric indicates the number of contacts sold by location, provider, and manufacturer. This information can be used an as indicator of how each manufacturer is performing and which providers are fitting certain manufacturers.
- The data displayed is equal to the Net column of the "Products by Category" accounting report when viewing Contact Lenses. This report can be viewed in Reports > Accounting > Sales > Report Type = Products by Category > ensure all filters match the filters selected in Pulse. Example
- This metric is calculated by using Gross Sales - Discounts + Taxes - Adjustments.
- Gross Sales = Every line item from the Contact Lens category that was added and/or removed both to and from an invoice.
- Discounts = Discounts that were added and/or removed both to and from any line item from the Contact Lens category. Note: Only discounts applied using the Discount Items button are used in this calculation. Discounts applied using the 'Add Discount' button are not specific to a line item and therefore not included in this metric.
- Taxes = All taxes associated to contact lens items that were added and/or removed both to and from an invoice.
- Adjustments = Transfers and write-offs that were added and/or removed both to and from a contact lens line item. Note: Only adjustments applied using the Transfer Items button are used in this calculation. Adjustments applied using the Transfer button are not specific to a line item and therefore not included in this metric.
- The data in this metric is based on the date the action occurred. It is not based on the invoice or service date.
- If a practice has invoices that are not associated with a provider, "No Provider Assigned" displays within the graph.