Convert Your Communication Templates
We recommend converting your communication templates as the current Flex Communication Templates will no longer be available when the ported encounter screens are released. The new HTML Communication Templates provide a new rich text editor, the ability to save and dock a letter draft allowing users to navigate through a patient file.
NOTE: If your practice has turned on Updates for the Communication Templates Screens, you will need to turn off the Flash Free Updates to be able to view your Flex Templates and convert them. To do so, follow the instructions here:
- Select Manage Updates (under your name in the upper right corner)
- Click the 'On' section, then turn the slider next to both of the below communication templates to 'Off'
- Communication Templates - Encounter Summaries
- Communication Templates - Patient Letters
- TIP: Slider should now be grey, not blue
- Close and Refresh
- Go back to Admin > Communication Templates; check to confirm that the format column now says 'Flex'. These templates do not appear in the Ported/Flash Free format.
- Select each template and click the convert button to convert them to HTML (Follow the 'Convert Your Communications Templates Instructions' below for next steps)
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for both Patient Letters and Encounter Summaries
- Once the conversion is completed, follow steps 1-3 to turn the Flash Free Screens back on.
Instructions: How to Convert Your Communication Templates
Access Admin > Communication Templates.
Access either Patient Letters or Encounter Summaries. Instructions for Communication Templates is consistent within all templates.
Highlight a Flex template
A Converted Communication Template modal displays. The Name field is populated with "converted from" as a prefix to the template name. The phrase "converted from" is an easy way to identify the new HTML template within the Communication modal when it displays in the Patient File. Rename the template if appropriate to your practice situation.
Review the converted document and compare to the original Flex version. RevolutionEHR has made every effort to ensure the converted document is an accurate copy of the original, however, we highly recommend the user review formatting, indenting, spacing, font family, and font on the new document.
Click the Select All icon .
Click the Paragraph Style icon > Single Spaced Lines.
Line spacing is updated.
The communication templates listed below are included in scoring for the clinical quality measure "Diabetic Retinopathy: Communication with the Physician Managing Diabetes Care." When these templates are converted, the "Use for PCP Communication CQM" checkbox is automatically checked to maintain their inclusion in the measure scoring. Uncheck the checkbox to remove the template from scoring consideration. Additionally, check the checkbox within any other converted template to include that template in the measure scoring (e.g. a different letter/form you might have created for diabetes communication).
Diabetes Encounter Summary for PCP
Vision Source Diabetes and Glaucoma Encounter Summary for PCP. (For Vision Source practices only.)
Vision Source Diabetes Encounter Summary for PCP. (For Vision Source practices only.)
6. Click 'Preview.' Review for accuracy.
7. Click 'Save and Close.'
8. The HTML template is now available. We recommend deactivation of the Flex template.
Highlight the Flex template.
- Use the 'Convert' button to easily convert your Flex Templates to the new format
- Review each converted template - we've made every effort to ensure the converted document is an accurate copy of the original but we recommend reviewing each template to ensure it had the intended result