Clean-Up Unassigned Items
Now is a great time to clean up your Unassigned Items, doing so will ensure that no Items were left not billed, to either insurance or patients, and that no billable charges were missed.
- Use Report - Unassigned Items Report - to help you with this process
- TIP: Running the report for small time frames allows you to work with small sets of data and doesn't make the task so overwhelming
- Use the 'Date' hyperlink, within the services unassigned items section, to easily navigate to the exam
- Once in exam, use the 'Show More' view to navigate to the patient account pod to see an expanded view of invoices or data
- If you have placed any of the Unassigned Items onto an invoice, do not void the invoice, instead follow instructions to resolve unassigned items.
- Voiding the invoice will cause the Items to become unassigned again
- If you have a number of Items that need cleaning-up, add an additional write-off reason for these items.
- TIP: To add an additional write-off reason navigate to Admin< Data Configuration< Accounting< Balance Write-Off Reasons
- Do a daily check to make sure nothing that should have been billed is missed
- If you know the Items have been billed, and still wont merge, run the Unassigned Items Report by encounter date and only pull the Unassigned Items during the specified date range.