While RevConnect is very simple to use, working with a RevConnect expert on your kickoff call will make sure it is set up exactly as you would like. If you would like to get started thinking about how you will configure RevConnect for your practice, consideration should be given to two areas: RevolutionEHR Admin and the RevConnect Dashboard.
- RevolutionEHR Admin: Admin is where you will set the employees in your practice who can use RevConnect, ensure that the location details that displays in your messages are complete and ideal, and that the proper encounters are considered for recare messages.
- RevConnect Dashboard: The RevConnect Dashboard is where you will configure the specifics of your outreach (e.g. how far in advance of an appointment a reminder is sent, how many reminders are sent, the time of day messages should be sent, the content of the messages).
Once enabled for the practice, full access to RevConnect is automatically added to the System Administrator User Role. To provide RevConnect access permissions to additional User Roles, access Admin > Employee/Roles > User Roles > open a user role > expand the RevConnect section by selecting the small triangle > check the box(es) beside the desired access permissions > click 'Save.' Alternately, if you would like a user role to have full access permission, the checkbox next to RevConnect can be selected rather than checking each individual box. See Example
- View RevConnect: Must be selected for the RevConnect module icon to display in the system's navigation bar and provide access to any level of RevConnect.
- View Dashboard: Allows the user to access the RevConnect Dashboard.
- View Settings: Allows the user to view the RevConnect settings.
- Edit Settings: Allows the user to edit the RevConnect settings.
- Copy Locations: Allows the user to copy settings from one location to another location within the practice.
- View Campaigns: Must be selected to give access to RevConnect Campaigns and allows the user to review campaigns, evaluate performance metrics, etc.
- Create & Send Campaigns: Allows the user to make changes within the RevConnect Campaigns module such as create, edit, send, and delete campaigns.
If you would like employees to be able to view but not edit RevConnect, it can be helpful to create an employee User Role that provides access to RevConnect (e.g. RevConnect View) with view-only privileges.
Review Location Specific Details
- Prior to enabling RevConnect for a location, review and edit, as necessary, the fields that will display in RevConnect messages via Admin > General > Locations > open a location > Details. See Example
- Print name as: This determines how the practice name displays in messages.
- Address, City, State/Provence, Zip.
- Main Phone.
- Web Site/URL.
- Logo: Upload an image no larger than 200 pixels wide by 95 pixels tall.
- Additionally, review each location's office hours via Admin > General > Locations > open a location > Office Hours.
Review Encounter Templates
Recare allows patients due for a comprehensive exam, but without a recall or an appointment scheduled, to be reminded. For this safety net to be maximally effective, any template considered a comprehensive encounter should be noted as such in Admin. RevConnect will then use these templates in its calculation of time between visits.
1. Access Admin > Encounters / Interviews > Encounter Templates and ensure that all templates used for comprehensive visits are marked as “Is Comp.” See Example
2. Open any template used for comprehensive visits but not marked as such, check the 'Is Comprehensive' box, and “Save” See Example
Review Recommended Settings
- Select the RevConnect icon within the system's navigation bar and select Dashboard
- Select the Settings tab.
- RevConnect is ENABLED and DISABLED by selecting the appropriate button.
- RevolutionEHR has configured recommended settings for Communication Categories and Communication Times. To edit the recommended settings and customize to your practice change “Use Our Recommended Settings” from On to Off. See Example
- Only select ENABLED for a location after all RevConnect settings have been reviewed. Automated messaging will begin within 48 hours.
- If you would like all practice locations to use the same settings, check the “Copy these settings to all locations” after updating the first location.
By default, RevConnect uses a location's office hours to determine when to send messages. In order to send messages outside these times, including weekends, select the “Manually Set Hours” radio button and check the “Send On Weekends” box. See Example
- If you would like to send appointment reminders one hour before the visit, adjust the Start Time to at least one hour prior to your earliest appointment start time. This will ensure that your earliest patients of the day receive reminders of their visit.
Templates have been created for each type of notification. To update a template click 'Edit Email' or 'Edit Text' for the template you want to change. See Example
- To confirm your messages display as desired, create a test patient with your email and cell phone information, schedule the patient for an appointment, and manually send messages to yourself.