As patients come back into your office post-COVID-19, it is understandable that some may prefer to spend as little time as possible in your practice. Incorporating a Prep Encounter into your workflow can reduce the time spent acquiring patient information at the front desk by at least 10 minutes per patient, safeguarding both staff and patients.
A Prep Encounter can be used to collect and organize any medical history or patient data needed for the in-person encounter over the phone or through electronic document exchange.
Here are a few important points to note about implementing Prep Encounters into your patient workflow:
- Prep Encounters do not need to be put on the schedule.
- They can be administered on the fly, and captured in the encounter history of the patient.
- The technician can call the patient and start the Prep Encounter over the phone.
- The Prep Encounter can include the COVID-19 screening questions.
- The Prep Encounter does not need to be signed by the OD.
Watch our short video to learn how to create a Prep Encounter in as few as 10 minutes, and incorporate it into your patient workflow. (The following video is an excerpt from the 4 Recommendations for the New-and-Improved Post-COVID-19 Exam recorded webinar.)
Click Here to watch the 4 Recommendations for a New-and-Improved Post-COVID-19 Exam on-demand webinar in its entirety.