The Complete Encounter button serves as a type of time stamp. We recommend your office decide when to use this button and apply it consistently to all encounters. Suggestions are:
- When the patient physically leaves the office.
- When charting and/or billing is finished.
- Completed exams no longer display in the In-Progress tab in the Schedule pod on the home screen.
- The completed status displays in Encounter Reports. Reports > Schedule > Encounters & Reports > Schedule > Appointments.
- If you have device integrations, it is important to only have the patient's current encounter as the status of In-Progress. Changing the encounter status to complete ensures that when the patient returns there is only one In-Progress encounter.