The ability to edit an employee's username is available within the Admin module and requires user role access.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > User Roles.
- Open the User Role.
- Expand the Administration Module.
- Click the checkbox for "Edit Employee Username."
- Click 'Save.'
- Log out and log in to see the changes associated to the setting.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees.
- Search for and open the employee.
- Access Login Details.
- Click 'Reset Username.' Note: This action opens the Username field for editing.
- Update the field for Username.
- Click 'Save.' Note: The employee's new username processes through validation to ensure it is not duplicated and meets username criteria.
- The employee is required to use the new username on their next login attempt.
The Audit Log provides data for the name of the employee that has edited employee usernames.
- Access Reports > Administration > Access > Audit Log.
- Complete the search criteria.
- In the Entity field, select User.
- Click 'Search.'