The following instructions are to enter information for accidents for submitting paper claims.
- Open an encounter.
- In the History workflow step, select the Related Conditions screen. Note: Workflow Steps and Screens can be customized by each practice, thus, your Workflow Step and Screen name may be different. See Example
- Click the checkbox for the appropriate "Related to" situation.
- If related to auto accident, select the appropriate state from the dropdown menu.
- In the Accident Date field, input the information. Note: The accident date entered does not automatically populate on the CMS form when it is previewed or printed.
- Click 'Next.'
- HCFA, box 10, "Is Patient's Condition Related To," is populated from the encounter.
- Open the invoice associated to the accident.
- Ensure the invoice is in Pending.
- Access the Additional Claim Info tab.
- In field (15) Other Date, input the accident date. In the Qualifier field, select 439-Accident. See Example
- Click 'Save.'