Practices should reach out to customer support for assistance to enable and onboard the API.
RevolutionEHR recently passed certification testing for the 2015 Edition Cures Update. Included in this certification effort is the Standardized API for Patient and Population Services. This API provides a layer of interoperability between healthcare providers and applications. CCDS resources are sent via the Dynamic FHIR API where they are transformed to FHIR format and stored until the FHIR resource server is queried by a third-party practitioner, patient, or EHR applications using an authentication and tokenization process.
- EHR launch applications for practitioners and patients.
- Applications that launch from an EHR session.
- Standalone launch applications for practitioners and patients.
- Mobile or web applications that standalone from the EHR.
Enable the API
- Access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Partner Integrations.
- Beside Enable FHIR API Integration, click 'Yes.'
- Click 'Save.'
- Log out and log in to see the changes associated to the setting. Note: When the encounter is signed, CCDA resources are transformed in FHIR format and are stored on the FHIR resource server to be queried by third-party applications.
Third-party applications must go through a vetting process that includes registration and configuration. At this time, there are no registered applications. For information the application vetting, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
EHR Launch Applications
- Once the application is registered with RevolutionEHR, the name displays in the SMART Applications section of Partner Integrations. Access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Partner Integrations.
- Click 'Enabled.'
- Log out and log in to see the changes associated to the setting.
- In the encounter, click the dropdown menu arrow beside the Summary icon.
- Select Launch SMART Application. See Example
- In the Select SMART Application modal, select the application. Note: Once selected, it opens in a new browser tab.
Patient and Practitioner Standalone Applications
Patient and practitioner standalone applications are not visible in the RevolutionEHR interface. At this time, there are no registered applications.