You must be subscribed to RevDirect and receive a confirmation message from RevolutionEHR before following the steps below. To subscribe, access RevolutionEHR - RevDirect and complete the Get Started Now form.
- Your office must have a valid Location name, Main Phone, Email, State/Prov, and Zip code configured for each location within Admin> General > Locations > open a location > Location Details tab.
- If you are using a nine-digit zip code, you will need to temporarily edit it to five digits during the setup process. Once complete, add the four-digit extension.
- The setup process includes configuring your location(s), employee(s), and external provider(s).
- After completing the setup instructions below log out and log in to see changes associated with your practice.
Once an address has been established for the practice or employee, it cannot be changed.
Create a Location Direct Address
A location address is not used by any employee of the practice but is displayed as the “From” address when a patient transmits information from the patient portal, RevolutionPHR, to another provider.
- Access Admin > Vendor/Partners> RevDirect.
- Click the + icon.
- In the New RevDirect Configuration modal, select your Location from the dropdown menu.
- In the Location Direct Address field, input an address of your choice.
- Click 'Save.'
- Log out and log in to see the changes associated to the setting.
Create Individual Direct Address(es)
RevDirect provides you with the ability to create a Direct address for employees of the practice.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees > open an employee > External System IDs.
- In the RevDIRECT Messaging section, click 'Enabled.'
- The employee's Username displays, click 'Check Username.' Note: If the Username is not available, input a name and check again.
- Click 'Save.'
Obtain and Document Direct Addresses of External Providers
With your internal addresses established, the final configuration step is to make sure you have Direct addresses of the providers with whom you would like to communicate input in their profiles in RevolutionEHR.
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > External Providers > open a provider > Contact Information.
- In the field for Direct Address, input the provider's address.
- Click 'Save & Close.'
Access the article, Health Information Exchange by Direct .