An Error message: Each invoice line item(s) may not contain more than four diagnosis codes. Please correct and try again is displayed when the claim being submitted contains more than four diagnosis codes associated to one or more line items on the invoice. The error occurs when attempting to submit claims. If submitting a batch of claims, only the claim(s) with the error will not be sent.
To Resolve the Error
- Access Accounting > Claims > Search Claims.
- In the Processing Status field, select "Error."
- Click 'Search.'
- In the Processing Status column of the grid, hover your cursor over the word "Error" to see the error message displayed. Open an invoice with 4 as the error message.
- Hover your cursor over the diagnoses to see a complete view of all diagnoses associated to the line item. Note: You can also drag the column to the right to widen the display.
- Double click on the diagnoses to open the Invoice Item Detail modal.
- Remove appropriate diagnosis or diagnoses.
- Click 'Apply.'
- Click 'x' to close the Invoice Details modal.
- Check the box beside the newly updated invoice and click 'Mark for Resubmit.' This action cancels the original claim and generates a new pending electronic claim that displays in your "Claims to Submit" list.