The following instructions are to create an insurance credit and apply the credit to an insurance invoice.
- Open an insurance invoice that has a negative balance.
- Click the ellipsis.
- Select Grant Credit.
- In the Grant Credit modal, click the checkbox for Refund Insurance.
- Input the amount of the negative balance.
- In the Method field, select Other.
- Click 'Save.'
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > Insurance Companies > open the insurance company > Refund History.
- Click the void refund icon for the Granted Credit line item.
- In the Void Refund modal, input comments, if needed.
- Click 'Apply.' Note: This action creates a credit for the insurance company that can be applied to an insurance invoice.