The base requirement within PI is that the clinician or group demonstrates success or qualifies for an exclusion for each of the included measures.
- the clinician must complete a security risk analysis,
- attest to a numerator of at least 1 for:
- Electronic Prescribing
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Sending Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Receiving and Incorporating Health Information
- Provide Patients Electronic Access to their Health Information
- attest to active engagement with at least 2 Public Health or Clinical Data Registries.
A clinician who does not satisfy the base requirements would receive a 0 in the Promoting Interoperability performance category.