Documents and images can be scanned directly into RevolutionEHR. The scanning feature is available through the Documents/Images component of a Patient File.
Scanning is available through the use of the third-party web based TWAIN interface. The TWAIN software is available through Dynamsoft and can be accessed through the internet. Download and setup instructions are available below. Your scanner MUST have TWAIN compatibility to use scanning within RevolutionEHR and the TWAIN drivers must be installed on your computer. Access the manufacturer's website and search for their specific drivers to download.
Please note, Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners are not TWAIN compatible.
- Access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Additional Preferences > Scanner Integration.
- Click 'Edit.'
- Click the Yes radio button.
- Click 'Update.'
- Log out and log in again.
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Documents/Images.
- Click the Scan Document icon.
- In the popup window that opens, do NOT follow the instructions. Click 'X' to close the window.
- The first time you click Scan Document, different browsers produce different screen images in the popup window. Select the link available in the bottom right-hand corner to download the plug-in appropriate to your operating system.
- Each browser type produces different download instructions. Follow the prompts to install.
- Close and restart your browser. This completes the scanning setup.