A patient may decide to change the credit card type AFTER payment has been received on an invoice. In those situations, complete the following instructions.
These instructions are applicable when the payment has already been processed on a card, a reversal or refund is completed, and the payment is then processed on a different card.
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for and open the paid invoice.
- Click the edit icon located beside PAID.
- Click the checkmark icon. This action changes the status from Paid to Active.
- Click 'Receive Payment.'
- Complete the Receive Payment modal.
- If you have Line Item Posting set to "Required," you may still access the item hyperlink to line item post the payment even though the balance on that item is currently $0.00.
- Click 'Apply Payments.'
- This will create a temporary overpayment on the invoice resulting in a negative balance.
- Click the ellipsis.
- Select Grant Credit.
- Issue a 'Refund Patient' to reflect the amount that was reversed or refunded to the original card.
- Click 'Save.'