The common medications list can be used to create a list of medications prescribed internally and/or a list of the external medications most selected when entering a patient's medication history. This list provides a more condensed version when searching for a medication. It also allows for the configuration of default Rx details for internal medications.
- Access Admin > Data Configuration > Medications > Common Medications.
- Click the + icon.
- In the Drug Name field, click the search icon.
- In the Select a Drug modal, enter the drug name and click 'Search.'
- Click the appropriate drug within the list.
- Complete all fields within Rx Defaults that are appropriate to the drug you have entered. Defaults can be changed after the Rx is created.
- Click ‘Save.’
General Medications: If a patient does not know their medication name, the general medications list provides options to indicate a type of medication. See General Medications.