The following instructions are to add a modifier to a CPT code.
It is not recommended to add a modifier or change a modifier on an existing CPT service code as it will affect past encounter codes. Add a new CPT code and then add the modifier.
- Access Inventory > Services.
- Click the + icon.
- Select CPT Services.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click '+ Add.'
- It is recommended a CPT code is listed without a modifier and with a modifier. e.g., Include; 66984, 66984-55, 66984-RT, and 66984-LT. Each code needs to include all necessary fees and set as a common service. See Example
- Common Services as displayed in an encounter. See Example
- If additional modifiers are also needed for billing purposes, add them to the invoice after the service item is assigned.
- Order of Common Services in the Coding Screen of Encounter