The following instructions are to remove a referring provider from a claim.
Referring Provider can be removed from the encounter or the invoice.
- Open an encounter.
- Ensure it is unsigned.
- Access the RFV screen, (Reason for Visit).
- In the Referring Provider field, click the X.
- Click the Prev or Next button to ensure the change in step #4 is saved.
- Open an invoice.
- Ensure invoice is in Pending.
- Access the Additional Claim Info tab.
- In the (17) Referring Provider field, click the X.
- Click 'Authorized.'
Important Note: If the provider displays on the claim AND it does not display within the encounter or the invoice, it is likely the provider is an external provider that is in deactivated status.
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > External Providers.
- Beside Status, click 'Inactive.'
- Click the activate checkmark for the provider.
- Log out and log in to see the changes associated to the setting.
- Access the encounter and/or invoice to remove the referring provider, per the above instructions.
- Return to Admin to deactivate the external provider.