Each insurance carrier has their own requirements when billing claims. The information below is an example of data input on the invoice. If your carrier has different requirements, please contact support for assistance.
Note: For bi-lateral post op claims, the right and left eye must be submitted on separate invoices.
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for an open an invoice.
- Single click on the line item to update.
- Input the surgery date in the Service Dates fields.
- Ensure the diagnosis listed matches the surgeon's diagnosis, add the required modifiers.
- Click 'Save.' See Example
- Access the Additional Claim Info tab.
- For cataract co-mgmt claims, in the "(17) Referring Provider" field, select the surgeon from the dropdown menu. Note: The provider must be added within Admin > Vendors/Partners > External Providers to be listed in this field. Note: Ordering Provider is only required for DME.
- In the "(19) Local Use" field, input the date you assumed care and relinquished care date (90 days after surgery). Note: This link to a 90 days calendar may be helpful in determining the relinquished care date.
- In the Initial Treatment Date field, located within the Electronic Claim Codes section, input the surgery date. See Example
- Click 'Save.'
- Click 'Authorized.'