The following instructions are to send an 837 electronic claim file directly to the clearinghouse using the submit function.
There are two options available for this process: Claims Screen, or, Invoice.
- Access Accounting > Claims.
- As you access the Claims screen, the grid displays the claims for the following default simple search:
- Location: The location the user has displayed in the system's navigation bar.
- Submit Status: Ready to submit.
- Submit Method: Electronic
- Update the simple search or access Advanced Search, if needed.
- Click the check box for the claim line item(s) you want to submit.
- Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Submit.
- Open an invoice.
- Ensure the invoice is Authorized.
- Access Claim History tab.
- For the line item that displays Ready to Submit in the Submit Status column, click the Submit icon. See Example
- Secondary Payer Claims: The ability to add secondary payer details is not available in RevolutionEHR. See Secondary Claims for Apex.
- For questions on editing the claim in Apex, please contact Apex Customer Support at 800.840.9152.
- The E-Claims tab within the Claims screen of the Accounting module will not display data.