There are two functions that can be used to clear claims that have a "Ready to Submit" status. Either option noted below should be used if Submit is NOT the needed action.
Note: Submit is the normal action to send electronic claims to an integrated clearinghouse or to create a file that downloads to your computer for an unintegrated clearinghouse.
Mark as Deleted
- Removes the claim from the claims submissions screen.
- Does not change or void the invoice.
- Is often used to remove 0.00 claims that display in the claims screen.
- See Claims: Mark as Deleted.
Mark as Submitted
- Allows the practice to manually mark a claim as sent.
- Does not electronically send the claim, only updates the status in RevolutionEHR.
- Allows a date to be entered for claim submission. The default date for claim submission is the date "Mark as submitted" is selected in RevolutionEHR, however, this date is editable at the time of entry.
- Most often used to update the claim's status for secondary payers, i.e., payers that were sent a paper claim, claims entered manually on the payer's website.
- See Claims: Mark as Submitted.