The following instructions are to send an 837 electronic claim file directly to the clearinghouse using the submit function.
There are two options available for this process: Claims Screen, or, Invoice.
- Access Accounting > Claims.
- As you access the Claims screen, the grid displays the claims for the following default simple search:
- Location: The location the user has displayed in the system's navigation bar.
- Submit Status: Ready to submit.
- Submit Method: Electronic
- Update the simple search or access Advanced Search, if needed.
- Click the check box for the claim line item(s) you want to submit.
- Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Submit.
- Open an invoice.
- Ensure the invoice is Authorized.
- Access Claim History tab.
- For the line item that displays Ready to Submit in the Submit Status column, click the Submit icon. See Example
- Secondary Payer Claims: The ability to add secondary payer details is not available in RevolutionEHR as secondary payer claims will reject. If you have unlimited claims with RevClear, contact Trizetto for their Secondary Online Submission feature in the Trizetto Gateway Portal. If you have usage based claims with RevClear, please send a paper claim.
- The E-Claims tab within the Claims screen of the Accounting module displays rejected claim messages from Trizetto.