Ancillary Participant is an optional feature that allows employees to be associated to an encounter in addition to the provider. This option is only displayed when it has been enabled and set up within Admin.
Multiple employees may use the Ancillary Participant button within a single encounter. Only the employee logged into the system can add or remove themselves as an Ancillary Participant on the encounter.
- Access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Additional Preferences > Patients > Encounters > Enable Encounter Roles/Ancillary Participants.
- Click 'Yes.'
- Click 'Save.'
Create Encounter Roles
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Encounter Roles.
- Click the + icon.
- In the Name field, input an Encounter Role (e.g. Facilitator, Scribe, Special Testing).
- Click 'Save.'
- Continue to add as many roles as necessary.
After completing Enable Feature and Create Encounter Roles, you must log out and log in before associating roles to specific employees.
Associate Employee to Role
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees > open an employee > User Roles.
- Click 'Edit.'
- Click the checkbox beside the Encounter Roles that apply to this employee.
- Click 'Update.'
- Log out and log in again.
Assign within an Encounter
- Within an opened Encounter, access the Coding screen.
- Click 'Ancillary Participant.' See Example
- In the Ancillary Participants modal, for the Add Participant field, select an Encounter role from the dropdown menu. Note: The dropdown displays all Encounter Roles that have been set for the employee currently logged in the system. If an employee has multiple roles associated to their name, only one role can be selected for each encounter.
- Click 'Add.'
- Click 'Cancel' to close the modal.