The patients that receive an email as part of a campaign are determined through an interaction with RevolutionEHR's Reports module. This provides the user a wide range of flexibility in defining a campaign and who it will target.
When creating a campaign, the Recipients field is a list of all reports listed in Reports > Patients > Patient Search > Patient Custom Reports. Thus, building a report in the Reports module and then performing a test run of the report to review the patients that are included is our recommended practice. We also recommend that when you build the report that will be used for campaigns, add text to the report title that indicates it has been created for campaigns (e.g. Campaign - Patients with Active Eyeglass Prescriptions). Five default reports have been created by RevolutionEHR:
- Campaign - All active patients.
- Campaign - Active patients with comprehensive exams.
- Campaign - Patients with active eyeglass Rx.
- Campaign - patients with active CL Rx.
- Campaign - Patients with eyeglass orders totaling an amount.
Note: The default reports can be edited to match the user's desired search criteria.
- Access RevConnect > Campaigns.
- Click the + icon.
- Complete the Details fields:
- Name: Input the name of the Campaign.
- From: This field allows a multi-location practice to decide what location information is displayed to the recipient. The field will automatically populate for practices with single locations and for employees in multi-location practices that do not have permission to access more than one location. There are three places within the campaign that display the practice location details:
- The body of the message (if locations tags are used).
- Disclaimer text in the footer of the email.
- The page from which a patient can choose to unsubscribe from future communications.
- If the "Use patient's primary location when available" checkbox is checked, each patient with a primary location indicated in the Demographics component of their patient file will see that location's details displayed. Those who lack a primary location will see the details associated to the location indicated in the "From" field.
- Choose Template: This is optional. Template messages have been created and provide a sample that can be edited for use by the practice. When a template is selected, the Message section of the screen is populated with starting text which can be edited to the user's preferences. Ensure you edit the placeholders within a template. See Example
- The closing section of each template contains information specific to the location. Ensure that each practice location is setup in RevolutionEHR with a street address, city, state, phone number, and zip code. Access Admin > General > Locations > open a location > Location Details.
- If a message template is not selected, complete the body of the message. The available Fields section allows dynamic and static text elements to be added to the message. See Example
- Dynamic text (e.g. patient first name, patient provider last name, etc.) changes based on the recipient of the message.
- Static text (e.g. practice name, practice website, etc.) remains the same across all campaign messages.
- The toolbar in the message editor allows formatting and customization similar to traditional word processing applications.
- When the composition of a message is complete, click 'Preview' and 'Send Test Email,' to confirm the layout matches your intent.
- The buttons on the lower left of the screen allow actions depending on the state of the campaign composition:
- Send: Sends the campaign immediately.
- Schedule: Allows the campaign to be sent on a future date and time.
- Save as Draft: Saves the current progress of the campaign and allows editing at a later time.
- Cancel: Ends the current editing session without sending, scheduling, or saving.
- See Example
For more information on RevConnect or to speak with a RevConnect professional, click here.