Patient categories are a way to indicate that a patient falls into a specific category. For example, if you would like to track all patients that are candidates for laser vision correction, a category for "Laser Vision Candidate" can be added and checked within the Quick View of a patient's file. Patient categories can then be set as a search criteria for a custom report in Patient Search within the Reports module.
Add New Category
- Access Admin > Data Configuration > Patient Information > Search Categories.
- Click the + icon.
- Input text into the Name field.
- Click 'Save.'
Associate Category to Patient's File
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient.
- Click 'Quick View.'
- Within the Patient Categories section, click the checkbox beside the appropriate category.
- Click 'Save.' See Example
- Access Reports > Patients > Patient Search.
- Within the Category filter field, access the dropdown menu to view the available Categories.
- Open a report to view the Category field within the Query Details section.