A guarantor is the person responsible for invoices and statements.
- Access Patients > search for and open the patient for the person being assigned as the guarantor > Family/Contacts.
- Click 'Add.'
- In the Add Family Member modal, input search criteria for the family member, and click 'Search.'
- Highlight the family member in the search results grid.
- Select a Family Role.
- Click 'Add Family Member.'
- Repeat steps #3 - #6 for additional family members.
- Click 'Cancel' to close the modal.
- Access Patients > search for and open the patient > Demographics.
- Click 'Edit.'
- In the Guarantor field, select the appropriate name.
- Click 'Update.
- The guarantor displays in the "Bill to" field of the invoice.
- Invoices created before the guarantor was assigned are not updated retroactively.
- A guarantor can be assigned to any patient. It might be advantageous to have an office policy that addresses assigning a linked family member for patients over age 18.