Instructions on how to send an attachment (Loop 2300 PWK) with an insurance claim are noted below.
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for and open an insurance invoice > Additional Claim Info. Note: Invoice must be in Pending status.
- Attach Paperwork: See Example
- Type: Select the appropriate type. See table below for Type Codes and their descriptions.
- Transmission - Selection options are:
- AA: Available upon request.
- BM: By Mail, you are going to mail the document to the payer.
- FX: Fax, you are going to fax the document to the payer.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the practice to ensure the method of transmission is HIPAA compliant.
- Control #: If there is an identifying number on the document, enter the information into this field. Generally, there will not be an identifying number, thus, you will need to create one and write it on the document. Input the created identifying document number into this field. The insurance company will match the control number from your claim to the document that you provide.
- Click 'Save.'
|BR||Benchmark Testing Results|
|BT||Blanket Test Results|
|D2||Drug Profile Document|
|DB||Durable Medical Equipment Description|
|DJ||Discharge Monitoring Report|
|EB||Explanation of Benefits (Coordination of Benefits or Medicare Secondary Payer)|
|HC||Health Certificate HR Health Clinic Records|
|IR||State School Immunization Records|
|M1||Medical Record Attachment|
|OC||Oxygen Content Averaging Report|
|OD||Orders and Treatments Document|
|OE||Objective Physical Examination (including vital signs) Document|
|OX||Oxygen Therapy Certification|
|OZ||Support Data for Claim|
|P5||Patient Medical History Document|
|PE||Parenteral or Enteral Certification|
|PN||Physical Therapy Notes|
|PO||Prosthetics or Orthotic Certification|
|PZ||Physical Therapy Certification|
|RT||Report of Tests and Analysis Report|
|RX||Renewable Oxygen Content Averaging Report|