Modifiers can be added to:
- A CPT Service Code within Inventory, which means the modifier will always be associated to the service code.
- The service code on an invoice, which means it will only impact that specific line item.
Add Modifier to a CPT Service Code in Inventory
- Access Inventory > Services.
- Click the + icon, select CPT Service.
- Complete the New CPT Service screen, ensure you provide information in the Modifier field.
- Click 'Add.' Note: CPT Service Codes can be added multiple times with unique modifiers assigned to each entry.
- Only one modifier can be assigned to a service code within the Inventory module. Additional modifiers can be added to the service code within an invoice, see below for instructions.
Add Modifier to a CPT Service Code on an Invoice
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for and open an invoice.
- Click the line item that needs the modifier.
- In the Invoice Item Detail modal, complete the field(s) for Additional Modifiers.
- Click 'Save.'
If a modifier is not available within the list, access the following article. Add a Modifier to Your Practice