An employee's default location when they login to the system is determined by the information in two different areas of the system.
- Employee's hours as setup within the location's schedule.
- For practices with multiple locations, employee's hours added to each location's schedule determines the location that a user is automatically logged into upon signing into the system.
- Employee's Primary Location as setup within Admin.
If an employee has hours setup within the practice schedule, the location the schedule's hours are linked to will be the default location when they sign in. For practices with multiple locations, it is very important the employee's hours at each location do not overlap. Note: An overlap of just one minute will be problematic. See the article Employee's Hours for the Schedule (Add, Edit, Delete).
If an employee does not have hours setup within the practice schedule, the primary location that has been assigned to the employee within Admin will be the employee's default location when they sign in to the system.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees > open an employee > Location Access.
- In the Primary Location field, select the appropriate location.
- Click 'Save.'