The following instructions are to include a taxonomy code on an electronic claim. Verify with the insurance company if they require a group taxonomy code.
To find the Taxonomy Code associated to the Group NPI or the Rendering Provider NPI, access the NPPES NPI Registry.
If you have questions about the taxonomy code instructions, please contact Customer Support as incorrect information can cause claim rejections.
Payer Requires Group Taxonomy Code
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > Insurance Companies > open the insurance company.
- In the Claim Information Section, in the Group Number field, enter the Billing Provider Taxonomy code.
- In the Qualifier field, select PXC-Provider Taxonomy. Note: PXC is an electronic qualifier code.
- Ensure there is not a checkmark for NPI Only on Claims.
- Click 'Save.'
Verify Provider Type
RevolutionEHR hardcodes the Optometrist and Ophthalmologist Rendering Provider Taxonomy Code on electronic claims based on the Provider Type entered into the employee's file.
- Access Admin > Employee/Roles > Employees > open the provider > Provider Details.
- In the Provider Type field, if the selection is something other than Optometrist or Ophthalmologist, complete the next section of instructions.
Rendering Provider Taxonomy Code
- Access Admin > Employees/Roles > Employees > open the provider > Provider Details > Provider Insurance IDs.
- Click '+ Add.'
- In the Add Provider Insurance ID modal:
- In the Company field, select the insurance company in the dropdown menu.
- In the Qualifier field, select PXC-Provider Taxonomy.
- In the ID field, enter the Rendering Provider's Taxonomy Code.
- Click 'Save.'
- Click 'Save.' Note: Complete all steps for each insurance company.