User Permissions are a Practice Policy and Decision Process. There are many areas within Admin that need accessed if the billing service needs to make changes to a claim for Rendering and Group NPI, Clearinghouse details, Service Location, Facility Details, and Insurance Details.
- Rendering and Group NPI: Admin > General > Location and Admin > Employees/Roles > Employees.
- Services Location and Location Facilities: Admin > General > Location and Admin > Vendors/Partners > Alternate Service Locations.
- Insurance details: Admin > Vendors/Partners > Insurance.
- Clearinghouse details: Admin > General > Practice Preference > Claims Preferences.
If the practice's office policy is to allow the Biller to edit the areas listed above, then User Role permissions need to be adjusted to provide access to the following areas of the Administration module:
- View Administration
- Access to General and Employees/Roles provides permission to a numerous amount of areas within RevolutionEHR. As such, if the practice prefers to not provide the Biller access to this area, a System Admin from the office needs to have a conversation with the Biller for direction on adjusting these areas. Please note, it is best to schedule this call so that a claims specialist is confirmed to be available when both the Biller and the System Admin are free.
The Biller needs access to the following areas within the Accounting module:
- View Invoices
- View Payments
- View Claims
- Create Invoice
- If the Biller is posting payments, access to Receive Payment and Add Writeoff is needed. All other areas under the Accounting Module are dependent upon the office policy and the Biller's needs.