To assist in the pricing of products, we recommend you have the most recent copy of the VSP Product Index. This can be obtained by logging into Eyefinity > VSP Online > Manuals > VSP > Dispensing & Patient Options > Product Index. This information provides the appropriate Fee Options for all VSP products.
- Access Inventory > VSP Products > search for and open an inventory item.
- In the Fee Option field, input the fee option code or use the look up icon to find it.
- In the Fee Schedule field, select the appropriate fee schedule from the dropdown menu.
- Click the line item for the appropriate fee option. Note: See Helpful Tips below.
- In the Code/HCPCS field, input the V code, or input a description to view a list of options and select from the options available.
- In the Retail Price field, input the price for the add-on fee only, per lens.
- Click '+Add Row' if appropriate to your pricing situation for additional fee options.
- Click 'Save.'
Note: AR coatings are sometimes a combination of products that include AR and additional treatments like UV or scratch coat. For this reason, it is necessary to add the appropriate fee options to ALL AR products. Some lenses will only need the AR code, however, if the AR comes with other treatments like UV or scratch, you must also add those fee options.
Helpful Tips for VSP Fee Options
- The VSP Fee Option pricing is per lens.
- Glass Coating, Lens Edge, Mirror Coating, Scratch Coating, and UV Coating products import with VSP Fee Options codes since these items only have one VSP Fee Option. The pricing for these items will need to be updated based on the fees set by the practice.
- AR Coating and Lens Style products usually require multiple VSP Fee Options and can change depending on VSP classification of the products. When updating these items, use the VSP Product Index to determine what VSP Fee Options are needed.
- Base plastic lenses do not need to be set up within the VSP Products catalog, these codes are already configured in the regular Products catalog. The retail cost may need to be updated depending on the practice's use.