Patients can access their clinical data through the patient portal, RevolutionPHR. Three actions are possible:
- View – allows a patient to review clinical data online
- Download – allows a patient to save a copy of clinical data on their workstation/device
- Transmit – allows a patient to send their clinical data to another entity via Direct messaging or standard email
The three actions described above are available in two areas of RevolutionPHR: About Me and Appointments.
The three actions are found in the Medical Record section labelled as “view”, “download”, and “send info”: See Example
- The selection of “view” provides an online view of the patient’s health information
- Two versions of the “download” action are available: one to save a PDF and one to save a version of the document that another computer system can interpret.
- The selection of “send info” opens a new window allowing the user to transmit health information to someone else through Direct messaging or standard email: See Example
If “Direct” is selected, the receiving clinician/entity must:
- be associated to the patient record in RevolutionEHR; and
- have a Direct address logged in their External Provider profile in RevolutionEHR
If “Email” is selected, the user can manually enter the recipient’s address prior to sending. Note that while standard email is not a recommend manner in which to exchange health information, the patient is in control of this process and allowed to handle their own information in whatever way they see fit.
Clinical data generated within the Appointments section is produced on a per-visit basis. The “View”, “Download”, and “Transmit” actions discussed above are found in two places: the Most Recent Visit section and the History section: See Example
Two versions of the “download” action are available:
- “download”:saves a readable PDF of the document to the user’s device
- “download xml”: saves an electronic version of the document that another computer system can interpret
The Most Recent Visit section will, naturally, display a patient’s last encounter with the practice. The History section will display all encounters a patient has had with the practice.
Within the History section, note that the patient can download, view, or transmit all of their clinical encounter summaries at once through the associated links: See Example
If the patient would like to narrow the focus of their search, a “show all” link allows all historical encounters to be displayed: See Example
Each visit then has its own dedicated “view”, “download”, “download xml”, and “Transmit” links: See Example
For patients with a long history with the practice, the “Start Date” and “End Date” fields can be used to narrow the list of visits to a specific date range of interest: See Example