Applied payments cannot be edited. The payment must be voided and reapplied. If you have the incorrect amount, location, reference #, or date on the payment, you will need to void it. Payments cannot be voided in bulk.
Void Patient Payment
- Access Patients > search for and open the patient > Account.
- Open the invoice > Payment History.
- Highlight the payment, click 'Void Payment.'
Void Insurance Payment
- Access Accounting > Invoices > search for and open an Insurance Payer Type invoice > select Payment History.
- Highlight the payment with a single click.
- Click the red void payment icon. Note: If multiple payments have been made on the same invoice, the instructions must be completed for each payment.
- To verify the payment has been voided, access Reports > Accounting > either "Deposits" or "Deposit Slip."
- The payment search results within Accounting > Payments only display confirmation that a payment has been applied, it will not display the payment's current status.