Auto-posting automates the process of posting provincial health payments by matching payments in ClinicAid with invoice items in RevolutionEHR. Payments that have been generated as part of the auto-posting process will be saved as pending, allowing staff to review before applying payment.
- To enable payment automation, access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Additional Preferences > Accounting > click 'Yes' beside "Allow ERA Auto-posting" > click 'Save.' Log out and log in.
- Regardless of the setting for "Payment by Item," this Auto-posting process will always post payments by line item. To review your current setting for item payments, access Admin > General > Practice Preferences > Additional Preferences > Accounting.
- The auto-posting process requires a default payment method to be configured for the insurance company that is specific to your province. Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > Insurance Companies > open the insurance company specific to your province > Company Details > Accounting Information > select EFT as the Default Payment Method > click 'Save.'
- If the insurance company specific to your province is not within the list of insurance companies, click the + icon and complete all appropriate fields, click 'Save.'
- Submit claims using the integration with ClinicAid. Note: The process for submitting claims has not changed.
- Payments (including items paid at $0.00) will be collected from ClinicAid during a nightly download process and the payments will be saved with a status of "Pending." Pending payments can be found by accessing Reports > Accounting > Payment Search > within the Status field, select Pending > click 'Search.' Practices with multiple locations may find it helpful to also filter this list by location.
- Payments are mapped to a location and grouped by the provider associated to the claims. For example, if payments are found for a practice with one location and two providers, there will be two pending payments. If a practice has two locations with two providers at both locations, and payments are found for both, there will be four pending payments.
- Note: If your practice has been submitting claims to ClinicAid prior to 10/01/2016, the first time the auto-posting process runs, it will pull in all payments that have not been previously mapped through this process. The first payment(s) will most likely include invoices from a previous remittance that have already been paid in full, along with the non-paid invoices from the newest remittance(s). For this reason, we recommend you deactivate the first pending payment.
- Double-click on a payment line or highlight and click 'Open.'.
- Open the example of the Apply Payments screen to review detailed information.
- In order to confirm the pending payment is accurate, log in to ClinicAid and review the remittance that is closest to the payment date reflected in the Comments section of the pending payment. The remittance date may vary by province. Generally, a remittance will separate payments by location and then group them by provider.
- If all payments were not mapped during the auto-posting process, additional invoices can be added to the pending payment.
- Click 'Select Invoices' in the bottom left.
- Complete the appropriate search fields and click 'Search.'
- Enable the checkbox(es) or double-click the line item to add the invoices to the "Apply Payments" screen. The search and apply invoices process can continue until all of the invoices that are needed for payment are on the Apply Payments screen.
- Click 'Done' and the Select Invoices popup window will close.
- Enter appropriate payment details for any manually added invoices(s).
- Auto-posting has not affected the processes for transfer or write-offs. It is important to review all $0.00 paid items. These will need to be processed appropriate to your practice. The auto-posting process will not automatically write-off or transfer a balance, nor will it re-submit any claim(s).
- When the "Payment Amount" matches the total in the "Payment" column, the 'Apply Payment' button will highlight. click 'Apply Payment' to apply the payments. If the 'Apply Payment' button is not highlighted, hover your cursor over the button to display a tooltip which will include the reason the button is not enabled.
- We are aware of and researching the following issues:
- There are times the payment amount field in the Payment Search grid will display $0.00 even though all payments were successfully mapped. When this happens, verify the "Payment" column total in the Apply Payments screen matches the Paid Amount in ClinicAid. If the two amounts match, fill in the "Payment Amount" field and click 'Apply Payment.'
- There may be times the payment process will separate a payment found in ClinicAid and create two pending payments. The total of the two pending payments will equal the one payment found in ClinicAid. When this happens, follow one of the options listed below:
- Update the Payment Amount and process these as two separate payments with the understanding the Deposit Report will include two payments. OR,
- Deactivate one payment and in the remaining pending payment, manually add the invoices needed to accurately process the payment.
- If a payment includes an invoice with a status of Paid or Voided, an error will display when "Apply Payment" has been clicked. The error message will include the affected invoice(s). If this should occur, process the following steps:
- Write down the invoice numbers and close the error message.
- Click 'Save Payment.'
- Navigate to the Accounting module and search for the invoice number.
- Open the invoice and change to Active. If the invoice is voided, a new invoice will
need to be created.
- Navigate back to the saved payment.
- Click 'Apply Payments.'