There are three options available for discount reports:
- Sales Report
- Sales Discounts Report
- Ledger Posting Report
The Sales report allows all adjustment types to be viewed with corresponding services or items, patient's name, and invoice information. Discounts are displayed based on the date the discount is physically applied to an invoice or item.
To view line item specific discounts applied using the Discount Items button on an invoice:
- Access Reports > Accounting > Sales.
- For Report Type, select Adjustments by Type.
- The Report Output field defaults to Summary. Detailed output adds another level to the drill down of the data that displays a list of patients' name. This additional level adds a significant amount of data to the report and may cause the report to time out if used with large date ranges.
- Select a Date Range.
- Click 'Search.'
- In the Sales grid a list of locations that have posted adjustments within the specified date range is displayed. Single click on a location to display the Adjustment types. Discount is listed if any discounts were applied during the specified date range.
To view discounts applied to the invoice as a whole and not to an individual line item using the Add Discount button, select any Sales Report beginning with All Sales with the exception of the All Sales Tax reports. Discount is listed in the first drill down after location.
Sales Discounts Report
The Sales Discounts report focuses specifically on discounts applied using the Discount Items button on the invoice. Discounts are displayed based on the date the discount is physically applied to the invoice, regardless of the invoice or service date. Information related to the invoice number, original billed amount, and the user that applied the discount is also displayed. You have the ability to filter by location and specify a date range.
Please note, discounts applied via the Add Discount button do not display on this report.
- Access Reports > Accounting > Custom Reports.
- Click the + icon and select Import Report.
- In the Import Queries modal, highlight the Sales Discounts line.
- Click 'Import.'
- In the Custom Reports grid, single click the Sales Discounts line.
- Within the Search Criteria section, update the Comparison Values(s) column fields for Location, Start Date, and End Date.
- Click 'Save.'
- In the Custom Reports grid, click either 'Print' or 'Export.'
Ledger Posting Report
The Ledger Posting Report displays all actions involving a discount during the specified posting period. Discounts are displayed based on the date the discount is physically applied to the invoice, regardless of the invoice or service date. Discounts applied using Discount Items and Add Discount appear on this report.
Discounts display differently depending on the chosen discount method.
- Discount Items: Discount Item/Remove Adjustment.
- Add Discount: Add Item/Remove Item.
- Access Reports > Accounting > Ledger Posting Report.
- In the Ledger field, select Sales Discounts.
- Input a Posting Date range.
- Click 'Search.'
- Sort the Details column.
- Click the gear icon and select Export.