The following information is an explanation of the standard accounting reports that are available within the Reports module.
- A Sales report will never change historically. If a sale is posted, it displays a positive sale. If a sale is removed, it displays as a negative sale. The Report Type allows you to filter by more specific information you may need for accounting (e.g., All Sales by Provider, All Sales by Employee).
- A Receipts report will never change historically. If a payment is posted, it displays a positive receipt. If a payment is removed, it displays a negative receipt. Payment information is based on the date it was entered into RevolutionEHR, not the payment date. This report will not match your deposit ticket. The receipt report displays every action taken on a specific date. This is an accountant report; a true audit log.
- A Refunds report will never change historically. If a refund is posted, it displays a positive refund. If a refund is removed, it displays a negative refund. This is simply a report of refunds issued.
- An Unassigned Items report is any service code used by the doctor within an encounter that did not get assigned to a payor.
- An Aging Report provides a list of invoices that are still active. The practice location displays with an aging breakdown by days (e.g., 0-30, 31-60, 61 to 90, 90-120, and over 120). If you close an invoice, it will stay on the aging report till the next day. The data for this report is updated every night at midnight central time.
- A Deposits report can change historically. If a payment is posted, then voided for any reason, your deposit report can change from one day to the next. Make sure you are printing everything out so you will know that today you matched. The deposit report will allow you to balance your monies taken in at the end of the day. This report can also be run for more than one day (i.e., over a date range).
- The Deposit Slip report will help you reconcile your day. Total amounts are listed for each payment category (e.g. check, cash, credit card) and a total of all categories. This report can be printed and used as your deposit slip and is a single day report.
Ledger Posting Report
- The Ledger Posting Report allows you to search by specific ledger postings (e.g., Accounts Receivable, Location Due, Office Credits). This report displays every accounting action that was made to a patient file.
- Invoice Search is used to generate a list of invoices meeting specified criteria. Keep in mind that a patient may have multiple invoices, so duplicate patients can be expected.
Invoice Item Search
- The Invoice Item Search report is used to generate a list of invoice line items meeting specified criteria.
- A Custom Report is a report that can be imported from a library, or is a report that is custom built for your practice by RevolutionEHR. Custom reports cannot be edited, except for the date range.