When a patient balance has been turned over to a collection agency, this transfer of responsibility must be reflected in RevolutionEHR. Requirements for transferring a balance to collections include:
Add Collection Agency
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > Collection Agencies.
- Click ‘Add Collection Agency’ in the bottom right.
- Enter Name and all other known information.
- Click ‘Update.’
Add Write-off Reason For Collection Agency Fees
- Access Admin > Data Configuration > Balance Writeoff Reasons.
- Click ‘Add Item’ in the bottom middle of the screen.
- Name the write off reason to indicate Collection Agency Fee.
- Click 'Update.'
- Once the appropriate collection agency and write off reasons have been configured, the balance from the outstanding patient invoice may be transferred to the collection agency.
- Open the outstanding patient invoice.
- Click ‘Transfer.’
- Enter the balance to be transferred in the field for Collections.
- Select the appropriate collection agency from the dropdown menu.
- Click ‘Apply.’
- The patient invoice is automatically be updated to a status of Paid and a Transfer Out line item is added.
- A new invoice is created and can be found in the patient’s account. The ‘Bill To’ of the new invoice is the collection agency. Any payments received can be posted to the collection agency invoice. Because most agencies will keep a portion of the amount collected, the new write off reason can be used to account for that fee.