The following is a list of ancillary tests that can be added within an Ancillary Tests workflow step to be added to encounter templates:
- Within the Biomicroscope Exam test category: Anterior Segment Imaging, Tear Meibography, Universal Anterior Segment OCT.
- Within the Internal Fundus test category: Universal B-Scan Testing, Universal Fundus Photography, Universal Glaucoma OCT, Universal pERG Testing, Universal Retina OCT.
- Within the Refractive test category: Universal Corneal Topography.
- Within the Visual Acuity test category: Universal VEP Testing.
- Within the Visual Field test category: Visual Field Summary.
Before creating the new workflow step, you must first create the screens that will make up this new workflow step.
- Access Admin > Encounters / Interviews > Screen Library > Health Testing.
- Click 'Add Screen.'
- Input a Screen Name. See step #6 for suggested screen names.
- Click the 'Test Library' tab.
- Select a category from the Test Library Categories dropdown menu.
- Drag and drop the appropriate exam test into the Tests column. We recommend the following screen names (in bold) and associated tests:
- Corneal Topography: Add either Corneal Topography, or, Universal Corneal Topography. See Example
- Electrodiagnostics: Universal pERG Testing. See Example
- OCT: Universal anterior Segment OCT, Universal Glaucoma OCT, and Universal Retina OCT. See Example
- Photography: Anterior Segment Imaging, and Universal Fundus Photography. See Example
- Tear Meibography: Tear Meibography. See Example
- Ultrasonography: Universal B-Scan Testing. See Example
- VEP: Universal VEP Testing. See Example
- Visual Fields: Visual Field Summary. See Example
- If your screen does NOT have multiple tests, skip to step #8. Screens with multiple tests:
- Click 'Layout Screen.'
- Focus your cursor within the header bar of the test that is displayed and hold down your mouse-key.
- Drag the test to the desired position and repeat for each test.
- Click 'OK.'
- Click 'Update.' The screens you have added are displayed within the Health Testing screen category.
Create Workflow Step
The screens you created using the instructions above need to be added to a Workflow step.
- Access Admin > Encounters / Interviews > Encounter Step Library.
- Click the + icon.
- Input Ancillary Testing in the Name field.
- Select Health Testing within the Screen Category dropdown menu.
- Click the green + icon beside the Available Screens (Corneal Topography, Electrodiagnostics, OCT, Photography, Tear Meibography, Ultrasonography, VEP, Visual Fields) to add to the workflow step.
- Click 'Save.'
Add Workflow Step to an Encounter Template
The Ancillary Testing workflow step you created using the instructions above needs to be added to an Encounter Template. We recommend this workflow step is added to your Comprehensive Encounter template.
- Access Admin > Encounters / Interviews > Encounter Templates > open your comprehensive encounter.
- Click the green + icon beside Ancillary Testing that is listed in the Available Steps column.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Current Steps column to view your Ancillary Testing step. Focus your cursor over the icon, hold down the button your mouse and drag the workflow step to its desired position within the list of steps.
- Click 'Save.'